The Call Center Representative - Sales position is part of our Hershey Information & Reservations Team and is responsible for providing information concerning the Hershey Destination to our guest market via direct phone communication, incoming telephone calls, e-mail, and chat. We look for unique individuals with the talent to deliver exceptional and distinctive service to our guests. Candidates should be guest focused and sales minded, as they are responsible for driving revenue for the Hershey destination. This position requires a high level of communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to adapt & process information that can change quickly.
The Call Center Representative - Sales is available for the 2017 Summer season through September 2017 with the opportunity to continue employment throughout the year based on operational need.
Please Note: We’re currently seeking individuals that can work a minimum of 32 hours per week during summer season.
Candidates must be available to start a 3 week, 40 hours per week, training course starting on May 8th, 2017.
- Providing accurate information concerning the Hershey destination including rates, package plans, events, promotions, attractions, and availability.
- Build rapport with clients and offer recommendation based on the guests’ needs in order to upsell and effectively close the sale for our lodging properties, Spa, and destination activities.
- Responsible for accurately detailing and securing company wide reservations for our properties which includes, but is not limited to the The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Lodge, The Spa at The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Golf Collection, and Hersheypark.
- Take an active role in the department and your professional development by contributing to a positive work environment, maintaining a strong relationship with the leadership team & adhering to all service and sales expected standards.
- 18 Years of age or older
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year of customer service or sales experience, preferably in hotel operations or the hospitality, travel/tourism industry.
- Must have strong keyboarding/computer skills and be able to type 32 WPM. Please note: Individuals who are selected to move forward will be required to take a typing test as part of the interview process.
- Spanish speaking skills highly preferred
- Ability to identify client needs and concerns over the telephone and offer solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven employee and customer service experience/skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Keyboarding skills and PC experience.
- Professional image representative of company image
- Physical requirements include finger dexterity, communicating clearly on the telephone; and sitting at least 95% of the shift.
- Shift involves a flexible schedule with varying shifts between 8:00 am and 8:30 pm now until May 26th, and between 8:00 am and 11:00 pm May 27th to September 2nd, seven days a week including holidays.
- Shifts available will be between 5 to 10 hours per day (including evenings and weekends), up to 40 hours per week.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 4 weekend days per month.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer