Become part of The Hotel Hershey Culinary Team entrusted to maintain food quality and cleanliness for the guest experience. The Hotel Hershey boasts some of the best restaurants in Central Pennsylvania. From our accredited- AAA Four Diamond rated The Circular, to our newest addition, Trevi 5, an Italian grill alongside Harvest which serves genuine American cuisine utilizing fresh ingredients and produce from the local South Central PA region.
This position is for any student enrolled in a culinary program. The interns will learn banquet preparation, Garde Manger and Line positions at The Hotel Hershey. In addition the interns will execute plate ups, buffets and a la carte service in a kitchen that makes 90% of its products from scratch. Rotation within departments will be based on the student's abilities and desire to excel. Within the application, please provide a resume along with your anticipated externship beginning and ending dates.
This position is available for:
Spring 2017 (March – May)
Summer 2017 (May – September)
- Produce consistent food products while following recipes and/or chef's directions, while maintaining quality standards.
- Exhibits a basic knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques.
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
- Properly label, date and rotate all products to ensure safe keeping and sanitation.
- Maintain an organized, clean and sanitary/work area in accordance with Health Department/ServSafe standards.
- Capable of following directions from Chefs, Directors, and department leaders.
- Perform other job related duties as required.
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a culinary program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months of food preparation experience is preferred.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift 50 lbs.
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment, good knife skills, and possess a full tool kit.
- Working knowledge of weights and measures, as well as basic math applications.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Utilize interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Ability to work organized alone or within a team environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Ability to handle a fast paced and somewhat stressful environment.
- ServSafe Certification preferred.
- Flexible shift required, including weekends and holidays including, Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day.
- Physical requirements may including: standing, sitting, hearing, speaking and communicating verbally, performing detailed work at close distances, finger dexterity, lifting ( 35-50 lbs), bending, walking.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures subject to extreme heat.
- Ability to work in a hectic, fast-paced environment.
- Approved slip-resistant, non-skid shoes provided by employee.
- Transportation is not provided for this program; all selected students must have reliable transportation to and from work assignments.
- The work schedule of this position is flexible and can be adjusted, based on the needs of students’ externship dates.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer