"For internal applicants, the internal posting period for this position is 12/21/16 through 12/28/16".
Provide the physical labor required to complete all grounds maintenance tasks in a proper, efficient and safe manner
This position participates in the post-offer employment testing program.
- Complete tasks as assigned and in a manner as instructed. Tasks include, but are not limited to, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, weeding, mulching and shoveling.
- Complete daily time cards accurately and neatly.
- Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner, including using the appropriate safety equipment.
- Comply with all facets of the HE&R Employee Handbook.
- Comply with all facets of HERSHEY Nursery’s Quality Assurance Opening Standards.
- Report to foreman/crew leader any problems noticed with respect to property appearance or safety issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Must have 1 year experience in grounds maintenance care or related field
- Must be able to drive a one ton truck and use side mirrors.
- Must be able to pass equipment test on (power blower, mini tiller, string trimmer and mowing equipment).
- Willing to be trained in any category of grounds maintenance in which he/she may need instruction, including equipment required to complete assigned tasks.
- Knowledge, identification, and safe use of hand and power equipment involved in grounds maintenance and snow removal.
- Display a positive attitude and demonstrate the ability to get along with others in the workplace.
- Must be able to complete multiple tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to demonstrate independent decision making ability.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, including the ability to speak, read and write.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative while working alone and cooperation while working in groups.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Constantly (67 – 100% of time)
- Lift (0-10 lbs), Object Handling
- Frequently (34 – 66%)
- Lift (11 – 35 lbs), Carry (0 – 10 lbs), Push (0 – 20 lbs), Standing, Walking, Reach forward, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Fingering Feeling, Hand Grasping (simple and firm) and Operating Controls
- Occasionally (1 – 33% of time)
- Lift (36 – 75 lbs), Carry (11-50 lbs), Push (21 – 50 lbs), Pull (0 – 50 lbs), Sitting, Climbing Stairs and Ladders, Reach Overhead, and Balancing
- The position is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system and skin: fumes, odors, dust, pollen, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The position is subject to extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour). Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as exposure to sun, rain and humidity.
- The position is subject to extreme cold (temperatures typically below 32 degrees for periods more than one hour). Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as exposure to sun, snow and wind.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer