The position of Assistant Superintendent at Spring Creek Golf Course reports directly to the Director of Maintenance and Grounds. The position is composed primarily of skilled labor, including fertilizer/pesticide application, small project management, hand watering, and all other aspects of golf course maintenance. This position is also responsible for the scheduling of all maintenance practices on the Spring Creek Golf Course including clubhouse & maintenance area grounds.
For more information on our award-winning golf courses visit: http://www.hersheycountryclub.com/golf/index.php
- Operating all golf course equipment and performing chemical and fertilizer applications, supervisory responsibilities include monitoring work assignments, overseeing job performance and inspecting course conditions.
- Managing the turf and grounds including spraying & fertilizing of grounds.
- Maintaining the up-keep of pool and tennis facilities. (can be deleted)
- Daily upkeep and maintenance of golf course equipment.
- Managing daily golf course operations.
- Creating and updating job standards for the maintenance department.
- Assist the Director of Maintenance in hiring, employee development, and carrying out all company and division policies.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of two-four year degree in turf management or related field.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the golf maintenance field.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Management/Supervisory experience is preferred. Must be able to lead and direct maintenance crew in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation systems.
- Full understanding of time and commitment required to be successful in this industry and a desire to excel.
- Must possess positive attitude and be self-motivated
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule and complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner with high attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills and work well with others.
- Professional image representative of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core values (Devoted to Legacy, Team Focused, Selfless Spirit of Service, Respectful of Others)
- The working schedule for this position is operational and will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays based on operational need.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer