This position is responsible for assisting in the supervision and the administration of the food and beverage activities at our new restaurant Fire & Grain at Hershey Lodge and will support other outlets as assigned.
This position reports to the Director of Restaurants.
- Proactively monitoring and supporting guest service and hospitality standards.
- Controlling reservations and seating of the restaurant to ensure service standards are maintained (where applicable), as well as the use of the Open Table reservation system.
- Coordinating food and beverage training, including regular reviews and updates of standards.
- Ordering and maintaining par levels of product inventory.
- Controlling wage and supply costs within budget.
- Completing inventories as needed or scheduled.
- Maintaining all safety, health and sanitation standards.
- Ensuring the work and service areas are clean and organized; reporting and following up on maintenance needs using the work order system; coordinating with support departments as needed.
- Cross training and supporting other F & B outlets.
- Training, coaching, motivating, and supporting staff.
- Ensuring the correct service techniques are consistently demonstrated by all staff.
- Understanding all F & B items offered (including ingredients, allergens, methods of preparation, and proper service).
- Ensuring proper cash control procedures are followed daily.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary Degree in Business or Hospitality or 4 years of experience working in a food and beverage environment.
- Experience working in a supervisory capacity during the opening of a new restaurant is preferred.
- Prior food and beverage supervisory experience is required
- Fluency in restaurant beverage management, product knowledge and bar operations is essential
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and experience in POS system(s).
- Demonstrated ability to interface and interact professionally with managers, employees, and guests.
- Knowledge and use of service, labor and cost controls in F & B a plus.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Leadership, team-building, motivating, and organizational skills.
- Current ServSafe and RAMP Certification preferred; must obtain certifications as a condition of continued employment in this position. Effective application of the training is required.
- Physical requirements include ability to walk and stand 85-100% of the shift, bend, reach, and lift up to 35 lbs.
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs, but will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer