The Director of Rooms at The Hotel Hershey is responsible for establishing and maintaining the highest levels of standards for product and service, ensuring the smooth operations of Guest Services, Front Office, Guest Relations, Concierge, Housekeeping & Recreation/Activities Departments in an attentive, efficient and courteous manner.
This position is part of the Hotel Executive Committee and reports to the General Manager.
About The Hotel Hershey:
The Hotel Hershey is one of the finest Historic Hotels of America. Known for its refined elegance, signature service, and abundant amenities, The Hotel Hershey is a one-of-a-kind destination. The Hotel Hershey is situated high atop the town of Hershey and has 276 guest rooms, including 48 cottage rooms as well as 25,000 square feet of meeting and function space and also includes The Spa at the Hotel Hershey, affectionately known as The Chocolate Spa, which has been recognized and honored with the industry’s most prestigious awards of excellence. The Hotel Hershey is a recipient of both the Forbes Four-Star Award which includes 33 years and the AAA Four-Diamond Award of 37 consecutive years.
- Maintain and ensure knowledge of 4/5 star level of standards within each Rooms Division Department.
- Ensure guest feedback responses, promoting safety, sanitation, and cleanliness in the Hotel.
- Lead projects including, but not limited to: guest room and public area renovations/restorations plus capital plans for the future
- Prepare monthly forecasts and works with our Director of Revenue Management on yielding best available rates. Also a full understanding of package offerings.
- Maximize room revenue and manage P&L statements and prepare departmental annual budgets.
- Partner with Marketing on developing strategies to promote products and services
- Conduct effective line ups and departmental meetings
- Mentor, coach, and develop team members in order to improve advancement opportunities. Monitor departmental selection and training criteria to ensure effective onboarding and development of Rooms Division Departments
- Understand and positively impact risk management components of each department.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive management experience in a luxury hotel, preferably at a 4 or 5-star or equivalent property within the Hotel Management industry.
- Associate’s degree - Business Administration, Hospitality Management, Hotel Restaurant Management
- Relevant work experience can be substituted for education - 10 years
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Bachelor’s degree - Business Administration, Hospitality Management, Hotel Restaurant Management
- Previous successful Front-of-House and Housekeeping experience in a full service hotel is highly preferred.
- Must have full understanding of budgeting, P&L's, forecasting, and accounting procedures.
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of divisional budget to maximize revenue.
- Knowledge of Property Management Systems (PMS), including ResortSuite, Galaxy, Delphi, Saflok and other property management systems
- Proven leadership skills, ability to train, coach and motivate employees.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Previous experience with managing a union department is preferred.
- Professional image that is a representative of a luxury hotel and models corporate core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- The work schedule for this position is based upon the needs of the operation and will include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer