Become a Full Time part of Devon Seafood + Steak, located on the first floor of the Press Building. This position is responsible for preparing all food items according to prep sheets and standardized recipes with speed and consistency of quality.
- Preparing all food items according to prep sheets and standardized recipes with speed and consistency of quality
- Cooking, plating, garnishing and expediting food
- Maintaining communication with front of house staff to ensure timely service to the guests
- Using safe food handling procedures
- Helping to develop daily specials
- Assisting with training
- Ensuring that all work areas remain clean and organized
- Ensuring that all food products are stored properly; and completing other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have minimum two years industry experience as a Cook
- Average to above knife skills
- Must demonstrate sound decision making (no disciplinary actions in the past 6 months)
- Ability to follow and troubleshoot recipes/menu items with little or no difficulty
- Ability to efficiently set up and maintain workstation
- Ability to demonstrate the outlet style of cuisine through food tasting and preparation
- Ability to assist Kitchen Manager with maintaining accurate inventory levels
- Ability to handle average amounts of prep work
- Ability to work all stations with little or no difficulty and minimal assistance
- Ability to work with position, supportive attitude, skill, speed and cleanliness
- Ability to exhibit proper food handling procedures in accordance with Pennsylvania regulations and obtain ServSafe certification within 90 days
- Ability to maintain certification as a Certified Trainer and/or obtain certification within 90 days.
- Flexible schedule required with availability for any shift; including days, evenings, split shifts, weekends and holidays
- Must meet minimum of 1950 hours annually (37.5 hours avg. per week)
- Physical requirements include standing for long periods of time and ability to lift at least 40 pounds
- Must be comfortable working in temperature variations
- Proper footwear must be provided by employee
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer