This position is responsible for assisting in the supervision and the administration of the food and beverage activities of the outlets, as assigned, at the Hershey Lodge.
This position reports to the Restaurant Manager.
- Proactively monitoring and supporting guest service and hospitality standards.
- Controlling reservations and seating of the restaurant to ensure service standards are maintained (where applicable.
- Coordinating food and beverage training.
- Ordering and maintaining par levels of product inventory.
- Completing inventories as needed or scheduled.
- Maintaining all safety, health and sanitation standards.
- Ensuring the work and service areas are clean and organized; reporting and following up on maintenance needs using the work order system; coordinating with support departments as needed.
- Training, coaching, motivating, and supporting staff.
- Ensuring the correct service techniques are consistently demonstrated by all staff.
- Understanding all F & B items offered (including ingredients, allergens, methods of preparation, and proper service).
- Ensuring proper cash control procedures and other SOP/Controls are followed daily.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in Business or Hospitality; OR 2 years’ experience working in food and beverage environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and experience in POS system(s).
- Demonstrated ability to interface and interact professionally with managers, employees, and guests.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Leadership, team-building, motivating, and organizational skills.
- Current ServSafe and RAMP Certification preferred; must obtain certifications as a condition of continued employment in this position. Effective application of the training is required.
- Physical requirements include ability to walk and stand 85-100% of the shift, bend, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs, but will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer