To anticipate and provide for guests' needs in the timely service of their dining experience while delivering the Art of Hospitality with a positive and friendly attitude using your own style and personality.
This is a part-time year round position. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends, & holidays based on operational needs.
- Verbally welcome guests immediately upon seating.
- Using acquired menu item knowledge, offers menu suggestions, answers questions, and anticipates guests' needs.
- Knows liquor liability laws, takes steps to visually assure that age identification is legitimate and practices responsible beverage service with all guests.
- Takes drink and food orders.
- Lifts small and large trays, carrying as many entrees/drinks as physically able, garnishes and serves food/drinks for your guests and other servers' guests.
- Ensures food/drink items meet guests' satisfaction.
- Attends to any guest needs/requests.
- Answers telephones when necessary.
- Maintains guests' area - pre-bussing, detailing, etc.
- Enters drink and food orders on a POS register.
- Prepares non-mixed drinks, soups and salads.
- Prepares, presents and receives payment for guests' checks.
- Maintains guests' needs throughout their dining experience by removing china, trash, and refilling beverages.
- Removes remaining dishes/glasses from tables into bus tubs and carries a bus tub load within your physical ability to the dish room.
- Unloads dishes in dish room and/or at bar dishwasher.
- Uses sanitizing solution to wipe down tables, chairs, booths, and table bases.
- Sweeps floor area around table.
- Resets using designated silverware, napkins, and condiments.
- Maintains service stations, garnish line, service bar, and common area of restaurant.
- Restocks service station with glasses, tea, ice, water, and appetizer plates.
- Restocks garnish line.
- Fills condiments.
- Washes server trays.
- Sorts silverware.
- Prepares roll-ups.
- Cleans mirrors and artifacts.
- Sweeps and mops floor
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- As a member of the team, a server should know and follow policies and procedures and have strong interpersonal skills that would enable him/her to verbally communicate in a positive manner with co-workers, guests, and the general public.
- Must be of age to serve alcoholic beverages and able to obtain RAMP training as state law requires.
- Able to see at a distance (20 feet), at close range ( 12 inches), distinguish between shapes, and utilize peripheral vision to avoid potential hazards.
- Able to hear in one or both ears so that verbal communication can be received, understood, and acted upon.
- Able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction calculations
- Able to remember abbreviations, and menu items.
- Use body parts, usually fingers and hands, able to distinguish between sharp/dull, and hot/cold.
- Able to control and utilize fingers to write, use POS register, slice, chop and operate equipment.
- Able to bend, handle, carry, lift, reach, wipe, climb and stoop.
- Able to walk and stand for up to 8 hours.
- Exposure to chemicals.
- Flexible schedule required, including days, evenings, split shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Physical requirements include walking and standing most of the shift; stooping; bending; pushing; lifting up to 25 pounds; and working outdoors.
- Proper footwear must be provided by employee.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer