This position is responsible for managing/overseeing the ordering, receiving, storing, and issuing of all the food, and beverage products while maintaining a clean and orderly work environment. To be the leader of the Storeroom, and the storeroom employees to ensure that the storeroom areas run smoothly, efficiently in a positive work environment.
- Manage all the ordering and receiving of Food & Beverage products to ensure that the type, amount, price, and quality of items ordered are correct.
- Oversee the checking of all incoming goods against delivery orders and invoices, food and beverage specifications and purchase records to ensure that the type, amount, price and quality of items charged and ordered are correct, as well as maintain safe, sanitary and organized storage of all items.
- Oversee the issuing, storage, price, dating, and rotation of all incoming goods and maintain a good balance between pars levels of inventory items and on-hand quantities in accordance to business needs.
- Direct the storeroom clerks to ensure all requisitions are filled on a timely basis in accordance with storeroom hours and outlet request.
- Lead and participate in daily, weekly, month end, quarterly and annual inventories for food, beverage, groceries, sundries and operating supplies, and equipment as required. Supervise inventories on a regular basis. (Daily for produce, dairy and bread, or on specific days for proteins to compile orders based on par levels and needs).
- Oversee the cleanliness of all areas, keeping food storage areas in strict compliance with hygiene regulations. In addition, supervise the loading dock and receiving areas, ensuring they are kept secure, clean and organized.
- Supervise all storeroom staff including responsibilities for hiring, training, coaching, developing, scheduling, and completing payroll responsibilities.
- Enter in all daily invoices into our electronic food tracking system.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Executive Chef, Food & Beverage Director, or Finance Controller/Assistant Controller.
- Participate as a valuable contributor on various company committees.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Completion of high school or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Hospitality Management preferred; Minimum of Associate’s Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in large scale storeroom operation; or 8 years experience in small storeroom operation or large kitchen operation if degree requirement is not met.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Must be able to become Serv-Safe certified and maintain certification. HACCP is preferred.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Working knowledge of internal controls, applicable policies and procedures as it relates to purchasing, storing, and receiving including purchase orders and inventory procedures.
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Ability to independently problem solve, make decisions, and demonstrate conflict resolution skills.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (100lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to extreme changes in temperature (i.e. going from hot kitchen to cold freezer). Must maintain a neat and professional image at all times.
- Schedule must be flexible to accommodate business demand and may require night, weekend, and holiday work.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer