Become part of the team entrusted to maintain food quality and cleanliness for the guest experience. Hershey Resorts boasts some of the best restaurants in Central Pennsylvania. From acclaimed gourmet dining, to fun family buffets and cartoon breakfast, to late night cocktails and lite fare, Hershey has a taste for every place.
This internship opportunity is available with Hershey Country Club.
- Responsible for checking with Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef for daily job duties
- Works alongside line cooks on all tasks
- Ensures all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with standard recipes and requirements established by the Executive Chef
- Cleans and organizes workstation
- Maintains a clean and sanitary culinary environment in compliance with Pennsylvania Health Department
- Performs banquet and kitchen line functions as directed by the Executive or Sous Chef
- Ensures assigned workstation has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily menus and banquets
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must be currently enrolled in Culinary School to be eligible for this position
- Must have good communication skills to communicate closely with Sous Chef and First Cook
- Ability to work with positive, supportive attitude, skill, speed and cleanliness
- Ability to exhibit proper food handling procedures in accordance with Pennsylvania Health Regulations and obtain ServSafe certification
- Flexible shift required, including weekends and holidays
- Physical requirements may include: standing, sitting, hearing, speaking and communicating verbally, bending, walking and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in varying temperatures subject to extreme heat
- Ability to work in a hectic, fast-paced environment
- Approved slip-resistant, non-skid shoes provided by employee
- Transportation is not provided for this program; all selected students must have reliable transportation to and from work assignments.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely include evening and weekend hours.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer