The Executive Chef position is responsible for managing the food quality and presentation of all meals served throughout the Hershey Entertainment Complex to include menu design, menu specifications and recipes, food cost and analysis, as well as, production. This position is responsible for managing and leading the entire culinary team and support of the Food and Beverage department with training, coaching and counseling to achieve highly competent employees who offer the best quality of food in creative presentations of menu items. This position must develop and monitor food and labor cost budgets for the department and forecast effectively.
About the Hershey Entertainment Complex:
The Hershey Entertainment Complex is comprised of various properties including Hersheypark, Giant Center, Hersheypark Stadium, Hershey Bears, Hersheypark Arena & Hershey Theatre. The Culinary Team at the Hershey Entertainment Complex oversees high volume culinary operations including: 70+ concessions, 1 full-service restaurant, large-scale catering events for 2,000+ guests, arena suites, special events and more! The Executive Chef is responsible for managing a team of over 80+ culinary team members & two (2) FT Salaried Chef Management team members.
- Create recipes, plate presentations, coordinate menu development, menu planning and food costing with the FOH management.
- Identify staffing needs, interview and select kitchen members, support, develop, counsel and motivate culinary and F&B team members.
- Monitor inventory levels, food quality and enforcing strong Food Safety practices throughout the Entertainment Complex by active involvement in each venue.
- Ensure all equipment in operations is adequate and suitable, actively assessing and replacing essentials as needed for an effective work environment.
- Oversee Food preparation, event execution, and Food Safety and Sanitation compliance in all operational facilities.
- Work closely with the Food and Beverage team, HE&R Partners and Procurement team in support of the operations. This will include attendance and participation at various meetings, observation of operations and serving on MOD rotations.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- B.S Degree in Culinary Arts, Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts
- High volume, complex food service operations experience highly preferred.
- Hands-on chef experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentatoin
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Pre-Employment - ACF Accredited, CSC (Certified Sous Chef) or above is a plus.
- Post-Employment - RAMP Certified
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- oReaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (20ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (40lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer