The part-time Help Desk Associate provides remote support over the phone for internal customers of desktops, laptops, Hershey Standard software applications, and Point of Sale systems. The Associate will also provide support for internal customer’s ancillary systems (i.e. internal network systems and external vendor-provided applications). The part-time Help Desk Associate is responsible for maintaining and tracking customer support requests, including escalation and follow-up with other IT personnel.
- Provides level 1 phone support to customer community to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Diagnoses issues and provides creative solutions while troubleshooting software, hardware and printing issues.
- Escalates problems to technical support groups identified in the customer support process.
- Presents a positive, helpful, customer-focused image.
- Communicates effectively while working with customer over the phone.
- Troubleshooting activities include recognition, documentation, research, accurate resolution, and follow-up.
- Provides clear, concise and thoroughly researched technical information to other IT personnel when escalating a problem.
- Strong sense of commitment and drive towards problem resolution.
- Under limited supervision, respond to telephone inquiries concerning support requests, systems status, and network connectivity.
- Performs setup, preventive hardware maintenance, replacement and repair (at the component level) on computers.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum 1 year IT Help Desk experience or a related information technology field.
- Experience working with help desk/ticketing systems preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting over the phone preferred.
- Experience imaging laptops/desktops
- Mobile device support
- Knowledge related to Windows or MACs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge related to Gsuite preferred
- Understanding of network issues dealing with Printing, Document delivery systems (i.e. scan-to-folder, scan-to-email, etc.), PC/laptop connectivity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Understands customer issues and demonstrates real concern
- Establishes credibility quickly by listening, taking initiative and following up
- Quickly defines technical problems and works to troubleshoot and resolve issues while maintaining detailed documentation per occurrence
- The working schedule will be varying shifts Monday thru Sunday between the hours of 7:00 am-6:00 pm based on operational needs including Holidays.
- Physical requirements include sitting, standing, reaching, lifting, and finger dexterity
- Need to be able to sit for extended period of time
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer