The Shift Supervisor role is a guest interactive position for individuals who have a passion, understanding, and willingness to learn the legacy of Milton Hershey. Responsibilities include preparing food and beverage orders to our guests. The Cocoa Beanery on the (HCAR) Hershey Center for Applied Research campus is a spot for our guests to relax and enjoy a variety of beverages, sandwiches, baked goods, and creative desserts.
This position contributes to the success of the café by assisting the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. This job deploys team members & delegates tasks to create the highest exceptional guests services with the mission of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts.
This is a part-time year round position. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends & holidays based on operational needs.
- Greeting all guests
- Acts with integrity, honesty & knowledge that promote the purpose statement of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts.
- Provides exceptional guest service to all guests by acting with a guest comes first attitude. Connect with guests by serving a variety of coffee offerings to our guests.
- Learning food and beverage menus in order to explain items to guests
- Preparing food according to company standard recipes (Creating and following food preparation lists )
- Answering guest questions and offering suggestions on food products to upsell.
- Handling the telephone in a professional manner
- Cashiering responsibilities including the handling of all money transactions, as well as credit cards and knowledge of the P.O.S system to properly ring in customers' orders and perform closing procedures as well as safety and security.
- Operating, maintaining, and cleaning all equipment, such as espresso and Panini machines, oven, blender, coffee maker, etc.
- Washing dishes/silverware/pots and pans whenever needed
- Execute store operations during scheduled shifts. Organize opening and closing duties. Maintaining a clean and orderly work area, such as emptying trash and cleanliness of restroom and dining areas to adhere to ServSafe and PA Department of Health guidelines and standards
- Recognizes guest and store needs by constantly evaluating environment. Handling guest complaints or concerns with a positive calm demeanor.
- Assist with new employee training. Encourage positive learning by providing respectful feedback.
- Recognize individual & team accomplishments
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Basic knowledge of food service/coffee beverages
- Minimum 6 months of customer service experience
- Previous cashier experience helpful
- Experience with POS system helpful
- Inventory knowledge helpful
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly in English
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, Schedule includes mornings/mid-shifts/evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Shifts will vary between locations but may include starting shift as early as 5:30am to a closing shift of 6:30pm. The occasional catered banquet event after normal operating hours may require an evening shift up to 10pm.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Physical requirements include standing and walking for 8 hour shift; bending; pushing/lifting up to 50 lbs; squatting; speaking and listening; and memorizing
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign the duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer