This position is responsible for a broad array of report and databases within the Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Information Technology Department.
- Assist in the day to day duties of MS SQL administration thru tuning databases, performing upgrades to the SQL environment, assuring that backups are completed in a timely manner, periodically testing SQL backups, and working with vendors and the internal IT team to deploy new databases when necessary.*
- Write and modify SRS reports, gather requirements for new and changing business needs, and if recommended, write MS SQL Reporting Service reports to address those needs.
- Write and modifying SSIS packages. This position will work with the development and project management teams to move data between both internal and external systems, via MS Integration Services packages.
- This position will be responsible for documenting the company's SQL environment (SRS reports, SSIS packages, and custom table structures).
- This position will be responsible for monitoring the SQL server and recommending hardware changes when needed.
- Utilize Profiler to help troubleshoot SQL-related issues.
- Work with development teams to review SQL statement efficiency in internal applications.
- Audit data transfer packages periodically, and assure they're operating efficiently.
- On-call contact for production SQL Server issues that are escalated from the Helpdesk.
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience.
- Bachelors’ Degree – Computer Engineering, Computer Networks, Computer Programming, Information Management, Information Systems or Information Technology OR 6 years of relevant work experience can be substituted for a degree.
- 18 years of age or older
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word
- In depth knowledge of MS SQL, Oracle SQL, MS SQL Reporting, SSIS and packages
- Strong documentation ability
- Ability to work in a team environment
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- The schedule for this position would be primarily Monday-Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Sit Frequently (34-66%)
- Walk Occasionally (<33%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- Fast paced office environment.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer