The Workers Compensation Specialist is responsible for performing and assisting with the daily operations of our workers compensation (WC) program. This role will facilitate the daily processing of claims by working with our third party processor (TPA) and our operating divisions. In addition, this role will work with our external workers compensation partners, legal counsel, nurse case manager, urgent care facilities, medical providers, etc., to ensure the most efficient and cost effective processing of WC claims & ensure employees receive proper treatment and whenever possible return to work.
- Maintain verbal and established written communication with insurance representatives, consultants, managers, supervisors and employees related to all claims ensuring consistent and timely case management. Position requires constant contact with operating division directors/managers to develop return to work parameters. Requires significant coordination among numerous parties to successfully obtain treatment for injured employees - including their lost wage payments, medical care, etc.
- Monitor all claim activity and review reports on a monthly basis to ensure proper reserves and progression of case management by medical providers and TPA.
- Assist supervisor in implementing process improvements and refining the overall operations of the workers’ compensation function.
- Manage and utilize claim information stored in iTrak to maintain a high level of visibility and emphasis on the area of workers compensation and the safety and accident prevention programs needed to control and reduce workplace injuries and associated costs.
- Recommend and implement cost containment programs for managed care, litigation management and temporary duty assignments.
- Design and produce workers’ compensation related correspondence.
- Coordinate with Human Resources in reporting leaves of absence and record retention including return to work.
- Attend hearings and coordinate with counsel as necessary
- Coordinate with the various properties with the claims processes to include investigations and documentation through utilization of iTrak. Participate on Accident Review Boards.
- Produce and maintain the OSHA 300 log.
- Bachelor’s degree. Relevant work experience can be substituted for education, (5) years required if degree qualification is not met.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in the workers compensation field preferred
- Willing to obtain the Certified Workers' Compensation Professional (CWCP) post-employment.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficiency with data analyses and loss runs.
- Ability to use customer service and positive approach to resolve issues related to injured employees.
- Embody HE&R Company core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- The work schedule for this position will include Monday-Friday during normal business operating hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- o Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- o Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- o Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- o Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- o Bending Occasional (<33%)
- o Sitting Constant (>67%)
- o Standing Occasional (<33%)
- o Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer