This Corporate Counsel position is expected to act as a generalist, handling a variety of issues arising out of the Company’s many business operations, it is also primarily responsible for legal oversight of the Company’s intellectual property matters (including the trademark portfolio). This position will advise internal clients and senior management on legal risks related to many areas of law and develop strategies to mitigate those risks commensurate with the Company’s business objectives.
- Provide all facets of legal counsel to the Company’s diverse hospitality and entertainment operations with an emphasis on intellectual property matters.
- Manage the Company’s intellectual property portfolio, which includes filing applications and renewals; drafting responses to office actions; managing enforcement actions; and reviewing consumer-facing advertising materials.
- Perform trademark clearance searches and provide clearance opinions based on preliminary and comprehensive search results.
- Provide regular intellectual property training and counsel for Marketing, Communications, Sales, and other departments.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a heavy volume and wide variety of contracts, including entertainment, sales, technology, and maintenance and service contracts.
- Advise on contest, sweepstakes, promotions, and advertising compliance, particularly on social media and digital platforms and create official rules and other supporting documentation.
- Conduct research on a wide variety of issues.
- Such other duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctor Degree from accredited law school
- Bar membership required
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in handling copyright, trademark, and advertising/promotions legal matters required
- Self-starter with a willingness and ability to assume a “generalist” in-house role.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and satisfy numerous competing demands and successfully achieve deadline-driven results that effectively achieve business objectives.
- Excellent contract review, drafting, and negotiating skills.
- Strong business acumen, problem solving skills, and legal judgment, with emphasis on confidentiality and personal integrity.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills.
- Solid team player with superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and deal effectively with others.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Must be adept at using Word and other standard office programs.
- Must be able to uphold the Company’s Core Values of “Devoted to the Legacy” (of Milton and Catherine Hershey), “Selfless Spirit of Service,” “Team Focused,” and “Respectful of Others.”
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- The work schedule for this position will include Monday-Friday during normal business operating hours.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer