The Senior Auditor position is responsible for having a sound understanding of accounting, regulatory requirements, risks, and operating policies and procedures for Hershey Entertainment & Resorts. This includes leading multiple engagements, identifying risks, conducting audit procedures, documenting and communicating audit testing results, recommendations and status on a timely basis.
- Audit Planning and Execution: Lead multiple engagements, produce quality work papers and reports, and complete all work within budgeted hours and deadlines.
- Risk Identification and Resolution: Identify risks and audit observations, prepare draft reports with recommendations and ratings with clear action items which can be completed by management and effectively monitored.
- Supervision: Supervise and review the work of other interns and auditors. Provide clear direction, be available for questions, assist in communicating with management and provide a positive work experience to further both professional and personal development.
- Communication - Oral and Written: Effectively communicate internally, providing clear and concise oral and written reporting on status updates, plans, budgets, procedures and results. Effectively communicate with business partners and build positive working relationships in assigned audit areas.
- 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience, preferred 2 years public experience
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s degree - Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, or other audit related certification preferred
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time
- Competent in audit methodology, including risk and internal controls
- Knowledgeable in analyzing data
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in critical thinking and adaptable to change
- Knowledge of IT general controls and application controls a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to interact with multiple levels of the organization and with personnel within operations
- Confidentiality and Integrity – Must be able to represent and model integrity within the organization. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
- Preferred industry experience, operations, retail, travel & tourism, food & beverage
- The primary work schedule for this position will fall between normal business hours of 8:00AM-5:00PM, this role may be expected to work additional evening and/or weekend hours to accommodate the needs of the operations.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer