This position is for any student enrolled in a culinary program. The interns will learn basic knife skills, sanitation, recipe adherence, proper food handling, team work, hot line and prep cooking in a high volume scratch kitchen environment. You will learn to use systems designed to promote consistency and high quality with Devon Seafood + Steak. Rotation within departments will be based on the student's abilities and desire to excel.
Devon Seafood + Steak is an upscale seafood restaurant located in the Hershey Press Building. We utilize sustainable methods to offer fresh fish and premium steaks cooked on our wood fired grill. If you think we just described you and your ideal environment, join our team, and help us dish out excellence to our guests.
This position is available for:
**A Housing option is available for all hired culinary interns**
- Prepare entrees, appetizers, soups, sandwiches, and side items
- Assist in food preparation
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen area
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a culinary program.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of industry related Food & Beverage experience preferred.
- Proper communication of kitchen needs
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment, good knife skills, and possess a full tool kit.
- Working knowledge of weights and measures, as well as basic math applications.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Utilize interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Ability to work organized alone or within a team environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Ability to handle a fast paced and somewhat stressful environment.
- ServSafe Certification preferred.
- Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- Flexible shift required, including weekends and holidays.
- Schedule start times include 8am, 12pm, 4pm.
- Transportation is not provided for this program; all selected students must have reliable transportation to and from work assignments.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer