This position is responsible for the daily operation of the Hersheypark Camping Resort front office to include reservations in Resort Suite, financial reconciliation of daily receipts, call center management, guest arrivals and departures, guest resolutions and pre-stay messaging. To ensure positive guest experiences while maintaining mission statement and brand, this position is directly responsible for the hiring, training and coaching & development of seasonal direct reports. This position reports to the Front Office Manager at the Hersheypark Camping Resort.
- Responsible for supervising the day to day operations to include: guest check in, reservations, pre-stay messaging, call center, guest resolutions, satellite operation (roadside check-in), proficiency in Resort Suite applications and financial reconciliation of daily receipts
- Serve in the MOD rotation for the Property to include: resolving guest concerns, monitor operational efficiencies, venue inspections and making operational decisions based upon environmental impacts, occupancy levels and business needs.
- Responsible for the coaching and development of seasonal staff.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and scheduling seasonal staff.
- Managing operations within the budgeted expenses and labor hours.
- Ensure proper execution and support of Guest Loyalty program and property advancement goals.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Guest Service Initiatives in support of HPCR brand and revenue goals.
- Collect customer and employee feedback and make recommendations for property enhancements.
- Responsible for attending meetings across HE&R properties.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience in front office, hotel management, hospitality or related field.
- Associate’s degree in Hospitality, Hotel Operations, Communications, or related major. Two (2) years of relevant work experience can be substituted for education.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Experience in the hospitality/tourism industry is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must be innovative and be self-motivated to complete tasks.
- High attention to detail and well organized.
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with guests
- Working knowledge of property management systems (ResortSuite preferred), payroll system, and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (35lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- The working schedule for this position will include hours between 7:30 am thru 11:30 pm, days, evenings, weekends & holidays based on operational need.
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer