Founded in 1908, Hershey Laundry & Dry Cleaning offers a wide variety of services and amenities:
- Dry cleaning and shirt laundering services
- Commercial laundering
- Preservation of specialty garments
This the official laundry for The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Lodge, Hershey Country Club, Giant Center and The Milton Hershey School.
This position provides supervision and coordination of duties for production and delivery of commercial laundry, dry cleaning and shirt laundry for the Laundry Division as well as support for the General Manager.
Duties include but are not limited to attending weekly staff meetings and individual meetings with the General Manager, communicating daily with the Assistant Managers and other management staff, ordering supplies/ parts, evaluating new linens, coordinating and finalizing linen inventories, able to analyze and produce daily production numbers, basic understanding of how laundry equipment operates, assisting with preventative maintenance and track equipment repairs, evaluating cleaning procedures and results, communicating with customers both internal and external, working rotating supervisor shifts, controlling production and delivery labor budgets, overseeing scheduling and timekeeping for hourly staff, hiring staff, planning and executing on-going staff training, and evaluating performance of Assistant Managers and hourly employee partners.
- Directly manage production and delivery staff including overseeing scheduling and timekeeping for hourly staff including two Assistant Production Managers, hiring staff, planning and executing on-going staff training, evaluating performance of supervisors and hourly employee partners and monitoring employee productivity, review labor costs.
- Plan and implement new and on-going employee training for all production areas of the Laundry, Dry Cleaning and Shirt Laundry. This includes training for use of the SPOT point-of-sale system.
- Communicate daily with internal and external customers.
- Inventory and ordering supplies/ parts and assisting with ordering linens, evaluating new linens, coordinating and finalizing linen inventories, evaluating cleaning procedures and results.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Minimum of (3) three years of experience in supervisory and production line management
- Laundry Industry experience preferred
- Embody our Company’s leadership values and service behaviors: Own, Anticipate, Delight and Inspire
- Possess excellent communications skills
- Able to manage labor cost controls
- Proven ability to manage inventory controls
- Basic computer skills required- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point
- Ability to handle conflict and solve problems with confidence and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to manage a diverse workforce
- Schedule will vary according to operational need and will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: humid conditions with temperatures occasionally exceeding 100 degrees, fumes and airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud machinery.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer