Hershey Entertainment & Resorts, a premier entertainment & hospitality company, is seeking to fill a Sales Manager position for the Hershey Resorts division of the Company. The Sales Manager is responsible for generating business to increase group room nights and food and beverage and meeting space revenue from a defined market segment, specifically for The Hotel Hershey & Hershey Lodge properties. The home office for this position is at the Hershey Lodge.
- Direct selling responsibilities to corporate, government and association business clients; conducting telephone solicitations and outside sales calls to prospective clients in order to sell guest rooms, meeting space, food and beverage, while promoting the destination of Hershey and all its venues.
- Developing new business relationships and incremental revenue opportunities
- Writing customized sales proposals utilizing Cendyn.
- Blocking guest rooms and meeting space in Delphi.
- Corresponding with clients.
- Following up on requests for information/proposals and sales leads.
- Entertaining and conducting site inspections for clients.
- Communicating group information to other departments.
- Attending external sales events including trade shows and & networking events.
- Minimum of (3) years of experience in sales, convention services or related field.
- Bachelors’ Degree. If no degree, an addition of four (4) years of related sales experience is required.
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven hospitality-sales background.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team.
- Qualified candidate required to manage guest room and function space to maximize revenue potential.
- Experience with Delphi, Excel & Cendyn
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction or supervision.
- Embody HE&R core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
- Work schedule will include travel on a regular basis, will be required to work evenings, holidays and weekends as required, occasional overnight travel is required.
- Physical requirements include the ability to communicate, visual ability to perform at close distances, and mobility.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer