This position is responsible for developing, modifying and communicating the pricing strategy for The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Lodge & Hersheypark Camping Resort. This person manages the pricing and inventory of guestrooms by updating rates and restrictions throughout all distribution channels and assists group sales with booking pace, demand and market outlook for group, transient, and tour and travel. He or she will identify and suggest revenue optimizing improvements and perform daily revenue management activity. They will coordinate with sales, marketing, and reservations to enhance demand management (revenue generation and optimization). They will work with reservations, IT, and vendor partners to develop and modify a rate engine. They will make the final recommendation to the Director of Sales on pricing strategies and rates for group and individual business opportunities.
- Develop, modify and communicate the pricing strategy.
- Manage pricing and inventory of guestrooms by updating rates and restrictions throughout all distribution channels.
- Assist sales department with booking pace, demand and market outlook for group, transient, and tour and travel
- Identify and suggest revenue optimization improvements
- Perform daily revenue management activity.
- Coordinate with sales, marketing and reservations to enhance demand management (revenue generation and optimization)
- Work with reservations, IT and vendors to develop and maximize technology and systems.
- Make the final recommendation to the Director of Sales on pricing strategies and rates for group and individual business opportunities.
- Lead and manage the Group Reservations team
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience, in revenue management.
- Bachelor’s degree - Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Hospitality Management, Hotel Restaurant Management, Sales & Marketing. If degree requirement is not met, a total amount of 7 years related revenue management experience is required.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Industry Experience – Hospitality/Tourism highly preferred.
- Must have in-depth understanding of tools, spreadsheets and statistical methods for analyzing data.
- Ability to identify relevant data and utilize to drive revenue impact for hotel operations.
- Proficient in EZRMS, Resort Suite and/or similar Revenue Management/PMS systems
- Proficient in Delphi and Passkey
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Possess exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Finger Dexterity Occasional (<33%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires minimal visual requirements. Able to distinguish unlike items, detect motion, and distinguish color.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer