This position is responsible for assisting in the oversight of food production and presentation of designated areas determined by the Executive Sous Chef or his/her designee with a strong focus on the events that are executed throughout the Entertainment Complex, locations such as but are not limited to; Hersheypark, Hersheypark Stadium, Hersheypark Arena, GIANT Center and the Hershey Theatre. The position directly reports to the Executive Sous Chef and serves as a link between the culinary supervisors, cooks and the Executive Sous Chef and/or Executive Chef to ensure all communication, standards, policies and expectations are communicated to the culinary team and executed flawlessly.
- Maintain high standard of food quality and presentation for all locations and production areas. Be able to anticipate and resolve guest and employee needs.
- Assists with menu development, creation and utilization of standardized recipes and nutrition analysis for all designated locations.
- Assists with training and development of culinary team. The ability to lead, motivate, delegate, counsel and discipline culinary team members.
- Proper use of kitchen equipment, maintenance and cleaning. While maintaining kitchen safety and sanitation standards from the Department of Agriculture. Maintains equipment in good working order by submitting regular service and repair requests.
- Ordering, requisitioning and inventory control of food products as needed.
- Attends designated department and company meetings.
- Completes other duties as assigned by Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef
- 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in a professional kitchen.
- Completion of high school or equivalent education.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Associates Degree or higher in Culinary Arts preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience in upscale casual or club dining restaurants and concession operations
- Previous experience in Stadium, Arena and Theme Park Food and Beverage operations preferred
- Ability to convey information, work with strict guidelines, multitask and react quickly and effectively to challenges
- Ability to lead a team of employees utilizing proven organizational and communication skills
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Pre-Employment - ServSafe Certification preferred
- Pre-Employment - ServSafe Allergen Certificate preferred
- Pre-Employment - Current ACF Certification preferred (Certified Culinarian or above)
- Post Employment must obtain RAMP certification
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment and Resorts core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs, but will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer