The Hotel Hershey Shift Coordinator position will report to the Assistant Restaurant Manager in the designated outlet. Shift Coordinators may be placed in the following locations.
Harvest Restaurant - offers genuine American cuisine made from the freshest local and regional ingredients. Harvest is located behind the Historic Hotel Hershey. The menu features an innovative selection of both classic and traditional American fare served during lunch and dinner with daily specials. Harvest offers a friendly, casual, and inviting ambiance where everyone can relax and enjoy the breathtaking views. Outdoor dining available seasonally.
Trevi 5 – offers a fresh, authentically modern Italian dining experience. Trevi 5 offers a contemporary twist on traditional Italian cuisine featuring a parade of small dish appetizers, and five-flavor combinations. Attire is resort casual.
The Circular – offers fresh flavors of fine dining and the experience of enjoying history with a twist of innovation in the iconic atmosphere. Offerings include hand crafted cocktails and small plates at our circular bar, an intimate dinner for two overlooking the beautiful formal gardens, or our iconic Sunday brunch with friends and family.
- Supervising host(esses), wait staff, server assistants, and bar area employees. Overseeing coffee breaks, editing schedules, order taking and cashiering.
- Controlling wage and supply costs.
- Maintaining health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Maintaining guest service and hospitality standards.
- Conducting food service training and setting the example for guest-friendly service.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- A minimum of (1) year customer service experience.
- 1 year working experience in a restaurant environment preferred
- 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
- Hospitality Degree preferred
- RAMP Certification preferred
- Prior experience in employee food service training
- Provide legible communication and direction.
- Proven employee/guest relations, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Computer experience and proficient in Word and Delphi. Knowledge of POS helpful.
- Professional image representative of property image.
- Ability to model hotel's standards, policies and procedures
- Ability to discuss food and beverage knowledgeably.
- Ability to be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to anticipate guests needs and respond promptly
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs, but will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Physical requirements include the ability to walk and stand up to 100% of the shift, bend, reach, and lift up to 35 pounds.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer