The Executive Chef at The Hotel Hershey is responsible for managing food production, quality, and presentation in all dining areas and for safety/ sanitation in the kitchens.
Dining at The Hotel Hershey
Experience history reinvented at The Hotel Hershey. From award-winning gourmet cuisine to delicious family friendly options, The Hotel Hershey offers something for everyone. Our distinct dining options include the fresh flavors of an iconic dining experience at The Circular, authentically modern Italian dishes at Trevi 5, freshly prepared locally grown cuisine at Harvest, light fare and signature cocktails at Iberian Lounge, and specialty coffees and pastries at Cocoa Beanery.
- Direct the selection, training, development and evaluation of employees and managers in the Culinary Department through effective management and leadership to ensure that established standards are met. Develop and execute effective long - range strategic staffing plans for all outlet and production operations.
- Effectively plan and develop menus for all restaurants and catering venues in the hotel considering factors such as product availability, food and service cost, market conditions and business volume. Assign prices for all menus that result in a net profit. Ensure the correct preparation and presentation of all food items on a consistent level.
- Ensure that safety and sanitation standards established by auditing services, local, state and federal regulators are adhered to and that the kitchens and back of house areas are clean and organized.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control methods while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generating solutions to maximize profit.
- Set up control systems that will assure quality and portion consistency and create proper purchasing specifications. Ensure that there is a constant awareness in all areas for quality food presentation.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure that all operational needs are met. Attend and participate in all regular operational and planning meetings, often using company vehicles when distance warrant, to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between all departments. Conduct regular departmental meetings.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with all team members and ensure adherence to all company core values.
- Must be age 18 or older
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in the Food & Beverage industry
- Associates Degree or higher in Culinary Arts. An additional three (3) years of relevant experience can be substitute for education.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Experience creating menus for a variety of restaurant concepts and venues.
- ACF Certification preferred
- Post Employment – must obtain ServSafe Certification
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work comfortably and confidently in front of the media in order to positively represent the organization.
- Knowledgeable of POS Systems, purchasing systems and computer systems.
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs, but will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer