The Assistant Restaurant Manager will be responsible for assisting in the management and administration of food and beverage operations in a fast-paced, high-volume casual dining environment: Trevi 5 Italian Restaurant. This position will proactively monitoring guest service and hospitality standards to AAA 4 & 5 diamond/Mobil 4 & 5 star levels.
This position will report directly to the Restaurant Manager and receive an annual salary compensation.
- Interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training, and motivating staff; Conducting pre-service meetings;
- Forecasting revenue and expenses;
- Controlling wage and supply costs;
- Completing payroll information;Maintaining safety, health and sanitation standards; and overseeing dining reservations.
- This position will share in the Manager on Duty (M.O.D.) program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Driver's license
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Associate's Degree plus 1 year of work experience in a full service restaurant OR if no degree, 3 years work experience in full service restaurant.
- Current ServSafe and TiPS Certification preferred. Must obtain certifications as a condition of continued employment.
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage service.
- The ability to develop and maintain an elegantly appointed environment with a superior staff dedicated to an attentive and anticipatory experience.
- The ability to hire, train, supervise, and discipline all service staff.
- The ability to interact in a friendly yet unobtrusive manner with all guests and instill such virtue in staff.
- The ability to ensure the correct service techniques are consistently demonstrated by all staff.
- The ability to anticipate all supplies and materials are available on a daily basis.
- The ability to observe daily conditions of the physical environment and make proactive recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- The ability to prepare staff schedules in a unionized environment, which allow for appropriate service while controlling labor costs and overtime.
- The ability to effectively communicate other departments to ensure a supportive, inclusive team of professionals.
- The ability to communicate to the Restaurant Manager and F&B Director to discuss menus, service, marketing strategies and guest comments/concerns.
- The ability to ensure a safe working environment (physical environment and the serving of alcohol) for all employees and guests with in the facility.
- The ability to forecast revenues and schedule accordingly.
- The ability to develop all staff for future advancement.
- The ability to recommend transfers, promotions and dismissals.
- The ability to prepare daily and weekly payroll as required by the Controller.
- The ability to complete and conduct performance evaluations for direct reports.
- The ability to understand all Menu items offered with an expert knowledge in wine, spirits, and mixology.
- The ability to maintain a daily log for communication between staff and upper management.
- The ability to attend and participate in all required meetings.
- The ability to promote good public relations, including the handling of guest opportunities and empowerment of staff.
- The ability to operate the department under the laws set forth by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board.
- The ability to use a computer system for Point of Sale ( guest check: ordering, printing, and closing) as well as shift reports.
- The ability to recognize and address potential intoxicated, disruptive and unruly guests.
- Physical requirements include ability to walk and stand 85% of the time, bend, reach, and lift up to 35 lbs.
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs, but will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer