Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is seeking an experienced Area Manager, Aquatic Attractions to join the team. This position is responsible for the daily operations of the aquatic attractions. This includes conducting lifeguard training and ensuring all staffing follows received company and departmental training. This position conducts the internal audits for the aquatic attractions, working with the Guest Engagement Manager. This position assists in creating manual additions for new aquatic attractions and oversees the annual update of the department manuals. This position takes lead on organizing staffing models for shoulder season events. This position works collaboratively across divisions to assist with audits and best practice initiatives regarding aquatic operations and gathers information from the aquatic operations to be used for further analysis. This position assists the Guest Engagement Area Manager with employee engagement. This position participates across the department for department duty shifts.
- Responsible for ensuring optimal daily operational performance of aquatic attractions through interviewing, hiring, training, appraising, rewarding, directing, and disciplining associates.
- Train associates in company expectations, internal audit needs, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), state regulations, and industry standards.
- Serve as Manager on Duty for the park and department and respond to emergency situations as needed or expected.
- Develop and execute aquatic in-service training program.
- Review and revise operating manuals annually.
- Collaborate with department area managers to develop shoulder season staffing models.
- Develop, coach, and mentor staff in the responsible and safe execution of attraction performance and the delivery of superior service.
- Monitor labor and expenses with organizational audit standards to secure all company assets.
- Serve as liaison for employee appreciation and safety related committees, share communication back to department team members.
- 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Bachelor’s degree OR 3 years relevant work experience can be substituted for education
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Industry experience preferred – Amusement Park, Hospitality/Tourism
- Post-Employment - Must be a Ride inspector Level 2 in Pennsylvania within the first year of employment.
- Post-Employment - Must obtain either a Certified Pool Operator or Aquatic Facility Operator license within the first eighteen months of employment.
- Post-Employment - Must obtain the Jeff Ellis Lifeguard certification within the first year of employment. Must obtain the Jeff Ellis Lifeguard Trainer certification within the first eighteen months.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- The position requires you to be able to swim and will require frequent time swimming.
- The position is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather. The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc. This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Work shifts may involve long hours, depending upon operational schedules and demands of job responsibilities. Must be able to work flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, based on the operational needs.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer