This position is responsible for the Safety and Quality Assurance of all of the Food and Beverage outlets on the Entertainment Complex (Hersheypark, ZooAmerica, Hersheypark Arena, Hersheypark Stadium, GIANT Center & Hershey Theatre), to include the various operations of Culinary, Concessions, Catering, Restaurants, Cabanas, Suites and Bar Areas. This position will develop and manage Safety and Quality Assurance programs, including activities that will ensure compliance with company policies, food safety standards, government regulations, and industry best practices including OSHA and HACCP.
The Manager of Food Safety and Quality Assurance will integrate safety, quality assurance and quality control into all functions within the Entertainment Complex.
- Educate facilities on safety and quality assurance with classroom and hands-on training in and assess risks including but not limited to; food preparation, proper holding procedures and temperatures, serving, storage, packaging, utility, ingredients, processes and sanitation.
- Oversee utilization and effectiveness of established food safety systems and drive continuous improvement of systems.
- Design food safety processes for risk assessment that meet recognized standards by the local health department, OSHA and HACCP regulations.
- Develop and lead audit process to include the audit of employees and supervisors during regular operations to ensure proper procedures are followed for food safety and sanitization.
- Lead the Training & Development Function in Food and Beverage by delivering appropriate curriculum and resource materials using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings and workshops.
- Administer and document cash handling policies, volunteer training, volunteer RAMP and several other required classes in order to better track and analyze employee training activities, organizational skills, knowledge gaps and training development needs of the operation.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience, preferably in food safety
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Bachelor’s degree - Biology, Food Science
- Relevant work experience can be substituted for education - 6 years
- Post-Employment - ServSafe Dual Status (Instructor/Proctor) Certification
- Post-Employment - ServSafe Allergen Certification
- Working knowledge of food safety, HACCP, working with State, local and third-party inspections.
- Prior experience in a high volume operation.
- Teaching/Coaching experience in a food related field.
- Detailed knowledge of OSHA, HACCP and other applicable industry health and safety standards
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate performance metrics and outcomes
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to develop multiple solutions to an issue and make valid recommendations for resolution
- Requires operational knowledge of computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with employees, customers, vendors and management.
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively without supervision, showing initiative, good judgement and decision making skills.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- The work schedule for this position includes standard business hours. Must be flexible to work occasional evening/weekend hours according to operational needs.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer