Are you ready to launch your career within the Hospitality industry? Join our summer internship team and create sweet memories for our guests! Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is seeking interns to participate in our 2019 Summer Hospitality Internship Program (HIP). The HIP program is geared towards college students pursuing a degree from an accredited institution that will support a career in the Hospitality and Tourism Management, Food & Beverage, Entertainment and Recreation Industries.
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May 2019 through September 2019.
Housing: This internship is located in Hershey, PA. Student housing is available.
Interview Process: Upon completion of the application, your resume will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps. Final candidates will be pre-selected to attend an on-site interview session to be held in January 2019.
A student will be selected to work in one (1) of the following areas of concentration
Food & Beverage interns will supervise in one of our front-of-house food operations. You will have the opportunity to see all aspects of F&B management including service, staff training, inventory management, staff management, operating procedures, and will have exposure to participating in projects such as menu development and program planning for concessions outlets and seasonal events. As an intern you will utilize your customer communication skills to increase productivity while learning the core values that support our mission. Working closely with your hiring managers, you will gain invaluable exposure and experience within the hospitality industry.
Locations: Hotel The Circular Restaurant, Hotel Harvest Restaurant, Hotel Room Service, Hotel Trevi 5 Restaurant, Hotel Banquets, Lodge Fire & Grain, Lodge Hershey Grill Restaurant, Lodge Forebay Restaurant, Lodge Cocoa Beanery Restaurant, Lodge Bears Den Restaurant, Lodge Ripples Restaurant, Houlihans Restaurant + Bar, or Hersheypark Concessions , Hersheypark Full Service/Cabana Grill, Hersheypark Catering Services, Hersheypark Beverage
Guest Services and Housekeeping interns will utilize your customer communication skills to increase productivity while learning the core values that support our mission. Working closely with your hiring managers, you will gain invaluable exposure and experience within the hospitality industry.
Locations: Hotel Front Office, Hotel Guest Relations, Hotel Housekeeping, Lodge Front Desk, Lodge Guest Services, Lodge VIP, Lodge Housekeeping, Laundry Plant, or Giant Center Box Office
Recreation interns will assist in supervising a staff of over 80 recreation team members, learn aquatic skills and facilitate daily recreational activities for our guests. As an intern you will utilize your customer communication skills to increase productivity while learning the core values that support our mission. Working closely with your hiring managers, you will gain invaluable exposure and experience within the hospitality industry.
Locations: The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Lodge, Hershey Country Club and Hersheypark Camping Resort
To learn more about our Hospitality Internship concentrations, please copy and paste the following link into another browser.http://www.hersheyjobs.com/sweet-opportunities/special/internship.php
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be entering your Sophomore, Junior or Senior year Fall 2018 and Majoring/Minoring in the Hospitality & Tourism, Food and Beverage, Travel & Tourism or related field
- Seniors planning to graduate in May of 2019 will be considered
- Must be able to attend one of two on-site interview sessions to be held in January 2019
- Must be willing to obtain lifeguard, CPR and first aid certifications upon employment (Recreation Intern's Only)
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven leadership skills with an understanding of conflict resolution and problem solving
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
- Abide by appearance standards and be able to maintain hospitality standards for the assigned property
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast paced environment.
- Keyboarding skills and computer literacy
- Transportation is not provided for this program, all selected students must have reliable transportation to and from work assignments
- Physical requirements are based on position to include but are not limited to: standing, sitting, hearing, speaking, reaching lifting/pushing/carrying (up to 75lbs), bending & walking
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on operational needs, including weekends and holidays
- Flexible work environment requires adaptability to demanding/fast pace, noise and tempature
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer