Are you ready to launch your career within the Hospitality industry? Join our summer internship team and create sweet memories for our guests! Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is seeking interns to participate in our 2019 Summer Hospitality Internship Program (HIP). The HIP program is geared towards college students pursuing a degree from an accredited institution that will support a career in the Hospitality and Tourism Management, Food & Beverage, Entertainment and Recreation Industries.
Within the Food & Beverage concentration, interns will supervise in one of our front-of-house food operations. You will have the opportunity to see all aspects of F&B management including service, staff training, inventory management, staff management, operating procedures, and will have exposure to participating in projects such as menu development and program planning for concessions outlets and seasonal events. As an intern you will utilize your customer communication skills to increase productivity while learning the core values that support our mission. Working closely with your hiring managers, you will gain invaluable exposure and experience within the hospitality industry.
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May 2019 through September 2019.
Housing: This internship is located in Hershey, PA. Student housing is available in the surrounding area.
Interview Process: Upon completion of the application, your resume will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps. Final candidates will be pre-selected to attend an on-site interview session in January 2019.
To learn more about our Food and Beverage Hospitality Internship please copy and paste the following link into another browser. http://www.hersheyjobs.com/sweet-opportunities/special/internship.php
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be entering your Sophomore, Junior or Senior year Fall 2018 and Majoring/Minoring in the Hospitality & Tourism, Food and Beverage, Travel & Tourism or related field
- Seniors planning to graduate in May of 2019 will be considered
- Must be able to attend one of two on-site interview sessions that will be held in January 2019
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven leadership skills with an understanding of conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Abide by appearance standards and be able to maintain hospitality standards for the assigned property
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast paced environment.
- Keyboarding skills and computer literacy
- Transportation is not provided for this program, all selected students must have reliable transportation to and from work assignments
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on operational needs, including weekends and holidays
- Physical requirements are based on position to include but are not limited to: standing, sitting, hearing, speaking, reaching lifting/pushing/carrying (up to 75lbs), bending & walking
- Flexible work environment requires adaptability to demanding/fast pace, noise and temperature
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.