Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is seeking an experienced Retirement Benefits Analyst to join our HR team. This position is responsible for ensuring benefit program administrative compliance, preparing a variety of benefit calculations, ensuring data accuracy, and for the ongoing analysis of financial and utilization metrics. Our ideal candidate has extensive ERISA, defined benefit plan, and defined contribution plan experience.
- Monitor and analyze financial and utilization measures of health and welfare and retirement plan performance; identify areas of opportunity or significant variances.
- Conduct routine and ad hoc audits of employee eligibility ensuring that eligibility and enrollment is correct across both internal and external systems.
- Work collaboratively with finance and payroll staff to reconcile ongoing, mid-year, and year-end plan financials, plan contributions, and related funding issues.
- Prepare and analyze health and welfare and retirement data for compliance testing; ensure testing deadlines are met and results clearly documented.
- Perform a variety of defined-contribution and defined-benefit retirement plan calculations as required by plan provisions.
- Lead the technical support for annual enrollment and year-end processing including, but not limited to, internal system updates to plans, internal annual enrollment cycle build, special vendor feeds, and company payroll schedule distribution to vendors.
- Participate in annual compliance filing processes by providing data, analyzing data, and submitting data as directed and within required deadlines.
- Assess, on an ongoing basis, compliance with federal, state, and local regulations applying to employee benefit programs; recommend changes as needed and implement new processes or procedures as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Foundational understanding of HCM system configuration, set-up, and functionality
- Experience in HCM and payroll systems query, reporting and/or data extraction functionality
- Ability to interpret HCM and payroll systems data and apply to multiple aspects of benefit plan document language including eligibility, enrollment, transactions, plan rules, reporting requirements, audits, etc.
- Strong knowledge of ERISA rules and regulations as they apply to retirement and health and welfare plans and the ability to apply that knowledge to plan administration and compliance enforcement.
- Expert level Excel skills with the ability to create complex spreadsheets to analyze and audit data
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively and successfully with a variety of internal and external individuals and groups to achieve goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree - Business Administration, Human Resources, Other Related Field
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer