We are currently seeking a Controller to serve as the key financial liasion and resource for HERSHEYPARK! Come join a great team of professionals as we help support the mission of the Milton Hershey School!
This position supports management by providing timely and accurate financial reporting and guidance to assist with business decisions. The position is also responsible for budgeting, forecasting and preparing periodic financial statements for the Operation. This position will lead and develop a team of full-time accounting professionals.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Compile, review and analyze financial and statistical data to provide information and support to HERSHEYPARK management. Partner with management in identifying opportunities for revenue growth, cost reduction, and improvement of performance metrics.*
- Prepare weekly forecast of revenue and expenses by department; monitor revenue and expenses in relation to budget and prior year; communicate forecast changes and budget variances to Operational and Finance management. Oversee the compilation and distribution of various monitoring reports.*
- Record and report financial results, including accurate and timely preparation of monthly P&L statements, reconciliation of monthly balance sheet accounts, and explanation of related financial variances.*
- Lead all aspects of the HERSHEYPARK budgeting process from collaborative development of key drivers through the final budget package preparation and presentation to senior management.*
- Coach and develop a team of financial professionals, providing the support necessary to achieve goals at expected standards and investing in the growth of each team member.
- Ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets and increase efficiencies. Seek opportunities to streamline processes, strengthen internal controls, and improve checks/balances within the HERSHEYPARK operation. Facilitate the development, documentation, and implementation of enhanced processes. Review purchases, expense reports, capital projects, and other transactions for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.*
- Administer sales incentive plans by computing periodic incentive earnings, initiating payment to plan participants, and communicating plan achievement to management.
- Perform additional duties in support of the HERSHEYPARK and Finance teams.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel functions, and financial systems.
- Robust knowledge of GAAP and ability to effectively and accurately apply principles throughout areas of responsibility. Solid understanding of P&L statements.
- Demonstrated ability as a leader and team developer.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate at various levels throughout the organization.
- Detail-oriented and organized. Excellent analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, able to work as part of a team.
- Able to forge strong working relationships across functions.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Bachelor’s degree - Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management
- Industry Experience - Amusement Park or Hospitality/Tourism
- Master’s degree - Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management
- Pre-Employment - Accounting/Finance certifications a plus
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens,
- accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone
- or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- Must be able to work evenings, holidays, and weekends as business level/job responsibility dictates.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer