The Human Resources Business Partner will collaborate with management and employees to ensure action on, and sustainability of, a variety of human resource initiatives. In addition, the HRBP will ensure compliance with the company’s policies, procedures, business conduct standards, and state and federal regulations. Responsibilities include developing and ensuring execution of HR initiatives that align with business objectives while providing value as a business partner to grow the business.
The HRBP will be responsible for providing the outlined HR support to two properties, The Hotel Hershey and MeltSpa by Hershey. This person will report into the Divisional Director, Human Resources Operations.
- Provide direction and ensure strategies are aligned with operational objectives for all human resource matters, including but not limited to employee performance management, labor relations, workforce planning and talent acquisition, compensation, rewards and recognition, training and development, and leave management to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, policies, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as a subject matter expert on HR policies and procedures and act as a liaison between other functional areas of Human Resources and the operation.
- Manage and resolve a variety of complex employee relations issues by conducting internal investigations based on thorough fact gathering and analysis, identifying and recommending effective best-outcome based solutions, documenting findings, and maintaining required paperwork.
- Manage labor relations for assigned properties. Represent management in a variety of labor relations activities such as complaints and grievances. Identify areas for improvement in employment practices or collective bargaining agreements and recommend changes. Proactively educate management about the contractual terms of the collective bargaining agreements to ensure consistent application of policy.
- Facilitate the performance management process. Provide advice and counsel to both managers and employees to assist with coaching, counseling, and career development needs.
- Provide direction to management on matters involving human resource policy and procedure, ensuring the organization is current and consistent in its practices and in compliance with applicable federal, state and local legislation.
- Provide strategic support to General Managers and Divisional Executive Committee Members to develop and implement initiatives relative to employee engagement, retention, and guest satisfaction.
- Supervise the work of property HR staff by hiring, training, developing, coaching, and providing input on termination decisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of HR experience with a strong emphasis in employee relations and labor relations
- A minimum of three (3) years supervising the work of others
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Demonstrated skill and experience in areas related to human resources
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR certification
- Ability to handle competing priorities and multiple customers in a dynamic business environment
- Strong consulting skills; brings appropriate solutions forward for implementation
- Ability to exhibit excellent communication skills at all levels of management
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities and tasks
- Must be able to effectively interact with all levels within an organization and build relationships with operational managers
- Must be innovative and be self-motivated to complete tasks
- Must be detail orientated with proven organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have the ability to quickly learn computer based applications
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, and weekends
- This position requires frequent travel to business properties.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer