This position will assist management in overseeing guest service and satisfaction in the Forebay Restaurant at the Hershey Lodge.
This is a part time year round position. The working schedule for this position does include days, evenings, weekends & holidays based on operational needs.
- Graciously greet guests upon arrival in the restaurant and seating guests in accordance with their requests and server rotation.
- Complete opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain a very clean and organized image for the restaurant entrance.
- Coordinate reservations and seating charts.
- Answer telephones while simultaneously greeting guests as they arrive.
- Oversee service, safety and sanitation to ensure quality; and respond to our guests’ questions, requests, and concerns. (Must be able to maintain an awareness of the busy restaurant environment to ensure standards are met)
- Assist guests moving from the bar to tables as their table becomes available. (This includes the handling of alcoholic beverages.)
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Previous restaurant service experience preferred.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale computer and calculator.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and handle cash.
- Proven employee/guest relations, communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Professional image representative of company image.
- Physical requirements include standing (up to 100% of shift), walking, bending, stooping, hearing, speaking and finger dexterity.
- The ability to communicate effectively in a loud environment.
- The ability to work a flexible eight-hour shift, 4:30 or later, until close, according to operational needs, including weekends and holidays.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer