HERSHEYPARK Ride Clerks greet guests at the start or midpoint of ride lines and check for appropriate height requirements at each attraction. This position is responsible for answering guest questions, learning, retaining, and enforcing all department safety requirements. This position will be assigned to a specific attraction for each shift. Once an employee turns 16 years of age, employee may be eligible to assume the role of Ride Operator.
- Provide excellent customer service to the guests of HERSHEYPARK by greeting guests and answering questions related to the attraction.
- Comprehend written and verbal instructions, retain information, and consistently enforce all ride safety, park, and departmental policies. This includes, but not limited to, enforcing the attraction height requirements and following all safety procedures.
- Direct and assist guests to and from ride areas.
- Keep a safe and clean work area.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Must be 15 years of age on the day of applying or turning 15 years of age by May 24, 2019.
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with our guests in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently majority of each shift and be self-motivated to perform all aspects of the job at all times.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts.
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English.
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information.
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines.
- Must be able to work at least two (2) weekends (Saturday and Sunday) per month from April through August.
- Must be able to work at least three (3) days per week and at least 24 hours per week from June through August (additional shifts up to four (4) days and 36 hours per week may be available during June through August).
- Typical shifts include 8:30am to 4:30pm and 12:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Employees are subject to a variety of weather conditions, including but not limited to: extreme heat, sun exposure, cold, and inclement weather. Work is almost exclusively outdoors.
- Additional hours will be available during April, May, September, October, November, and December.
- Physical requirements include ability to stand (for up to five hours at a time), walk, and bend at the waist; must also be able to hold and use a height measuring stick to assess guests’ height for each attraction.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer