The Hersheypark Retail Department is the perfect place to build skills for your future career! While working as a part of the supervision team, supervisors will develop valuable skills in leadership, customer service, and retail operations. These skills are great resume builders that can be used in everyday life and when applying for a future job. Supervisors are given opportunities to learn about all aspects of the operations including, buying, merchandising, logistics and business analysis. Supervisors will also be given leadership classes to constantly be developing their supervisory skills and employee engagement. Supervisors take on different roles in the department ranging from inventory control, visual merchandising, employee training, and employee appreciation. Students who work in this role may be able to get Internship credit from their college or university. The Retail Department will work with you to meet the requirements of your school. Start preparing for your career; apply to join our leadership team today!
The Retail Supervisor will oversee the operation of assigned retail locations and lead a team of employees to achieve the department’s monetary goals for the 2017 season. This position requires a high level of independence.
- In addition to the job functions mentioned below, other job duties may be assigned based upon operational need.
- Ensure that employees are adhering to departmental and company policies and procedures and enforce policies when necessary.
- Ensure employees are providing exceptional guest service; recognize / reward above standard behavior, coach / discipline those not meeting expectations.
- Enforce child labor laws and ensure that employees are preventing violations
- Resolve immediate guest concerns, investigate and provide recommendations to correct reoccurring guest service issues
- Tour area of responsibility to identify maintenance related items, communicating immediate concerns and following up on completion.
- Ensure opening/closing procedures are followed, and maintaining store layout in accordance with Area Manager.
- Manage inventory levels by completing daily stocking tasks; checking orders, inventory transfers, inventory mark-outs, and other inventory management tasks as needed to maintain inventory integrity.
- Provide on-going training and coaching to retail clerks.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older on the date of applying
- One year of retail/customer service experience preferred
- Able to handle cash with a high degree of accuracy
- Proven guest relations, problem solving, task management skills, and organizational skills
- Professional and effective communication skills
- Knowledge of Child Labor Laws
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English
- Must be able to perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Available to work 2 days during weekend operation
- Available to work at least 4 days during daily operation
- Must be able to work a minimum of 35 hours per week May- August
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment at locations both indoor and outdoor in a variety of weather situations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule between the hours of 7:30am and midnight, including weekends and holidays (or in accordance with Child Labor laws if under 18).
- Physical requirements include standing (75-100% of the shift), sitting, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 60 lbs., finger dexterity and communicating
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer