The Hersheypark Retail Department is looking for individuals passionate about learning the ins and outs of inventory management and planning. This position provides an opportunity to build your resume within the Retail/Business Management field. We are looking for energetic, creative, and dedicated individuals to join our team! Our interns will gain experience in inventory management, visual merchandising, and customer service while working for the Retail Department.
Looking for an exciting opportunity to build your resume within the retail or business industry? The Inventory Management Interns with the Hersheypark Retail Department will learn how to monitor inventory levels in our stores and warehouse to ensure our inventory levels are maximized for profitability. Interns selected for this position will receive a comprehensive understanding of the ins and outs of retail in the theme park industry. They will also have an opportunity to network and gain hands-on industry experience. Students pursuing a degree in Merchandising, Business, Communications, Marketing, Leadership, or Management are encouraged to apply.
This is a paid internship and can be used for credits based on the requirements of your College or University. Please see your school for requirements.
Housing will not be offered for this Internship.
- In addition to the job functions mentioned below, other job duties may be assigned based upon operational need.
- Create store orders daily for varying retail outlets within Hersheypark
- Manage inventory levels by completing daily stocking tasks; checking orders, inventory transfers, inventory mark-outs, and other inventory management tasks as needed to maintain inventory integrity.
- Gain valuable customer service skills by greeting and interacting with guests as they enter the location.
- Learn how to sell merchandise to guests and inform guests of promotions.
- Get hands on experience interacting with guests by assisting them with their purchases.
- Be taught how to hang or fold apparel by size and keep all styles fully stocked.
- Develop organizational skills by stocking all merchandise on sales floor.
Interns will participate in:
- Weekly seminars giving insight to the retail industry and leadership development.
- Meetings with department leadership.
- Completion of an internship project due at the completion of the program.
- Must be 16 years of age or older on the date of applying or turning 16 by May 24, 2019
- Must be a current enrolled student in an accredited high school, cyber school, boarding school, college or university
- Previous retail/customer service experience preferred
- Proven guest relations, problem solving, task management skills, and organizational skills
- Professional and effective communication skills
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English
- Must be able to perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must be able to work a minimum of 4 days (35 hours) per week Mid May- Mid August
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment at locations both indoor and outdoor in a variety of weather situations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule between the hours of 7:30am and midnight, including weekends and holidays (or in accordance with Child Labor laws if under 18).
- Physical requirements include standing (75-100% of the shift), sitting, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 60 lbs., finger dexterity and communicating
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer