The Hershey Entertainment Safety & Security Department is a key asset to our sweet destination – ensuring that guests and employees are safe, secure, and free to enjoy our many entertainment offerings and events. Join our team and help us keep it sweet!
As a Parking Attendant Intern, you will provide traffic control and direction throughout the property and respond to guest questions all while maintaining exceptional customer service to both guests and employees of the Hershey Entertainment Complex. As an intern, you will gain skills in the areas of guest service, time management, collaborative work, while also building friendships that last a lifetime. This position is also responsible for learning, retaining, and enforcing all departmental safety requirements, while creating a friendly and hospitable environment for our guests.
Important: Housing will not be offered for this Internship. In addition, the Safety and Security Management Team “may” request that you assist them with special projects, on an as needed basis, however, this is not a guarantee.
- Greet guests of the Hershey Entertainment Complex.
- Provide exemplary service to guests and team members.
- Assist in directing traffic and parking of vehicles.
- Perform and complete assigned tasks from management as requested.
- Provide a safe and friendly atmosphere to our guests.
- Patrol parking lots between times of heavy traffic flow.
- Consistently practice safe work habits including, but not limited to, use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting unsafe situations.
- Monitor traffic posts and assist guests and employees in crosswalks.
- Keep general flow of traffic orderly.
- Maintain a professional appearance that meets Hershey Entertainment and Resorts appearance standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 16 years of age or older on the date of applying or turning 16 by May 24, 2019
- Must be a current enrolled student in an accredited educational program (ie: high school, cyber school, boarding school, college or university)
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact well with our guests.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts.
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English.
- Must be detail oriented and have clear written and verbal communication skills
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines. Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include, but not limited, to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours may vary based upon operational needs.
- Must be able to work in a combination of indoor and outdoor weather conditions
- Physical requirements include prolonged standing, bending, sitting, walking, being in an enclosed space (toll booth).
- Must be able to safely lift approximately 50 pounds (possibly multiple times after one event)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign tasks at any point
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer