Do you love making sweet treats as much as you love enjoying them? Spend your summer creating sweet memories for our guests while supporting the BBLZ Team by prepping and creating our award winning BBLZ! We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment who are excited about offering our guests unique and delicious desserts!
PARK BBLz Mixologist responsibilities include: greeting guests, describing the beverage recipes available, operating mixology equipment, preparation of all ingredients required, following recipes, all while maintaining a clean and safe work area. This position works in a team environment with other BBLz Mixologists, leads and shift supervisors. This position is primarily responsible for assisting BBLz at HERSHEYPARK.
“BBLz brings to life the fun, effervescence, and excitement of soda, through a unique experience filled with surprising new flavors and unexpected delights. This space will contain an all-encompassing ‘BBLz Experience’ including a playful customer journey; this involves tailoring your own BBLz beverage through various flavor profiles & unique ingredients.”
- Deliver playful, interactive service through friendly customer interaction
- Check par levels of all stock & maintain required levels for service
- Perform set up & breakdown drink service/display stations, ensuring a sanitary environment
- Serve all BBLz serves in accordance to BBLz/ HERSHEYPARK’s service procedures, without needing ‘cheat sheets’
- Maintain excellent service standards, while maintaining cleanliness of bar area
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and sweeping/mopping work areas, to include; prep areas, other liquid contact surfaces, patio/condiment areas, back of house space and floors/walkways
- All other duties as assigned by the department supervisors and managers
- Ensure product wastage is kept to a minimum & always recorded
- Maintain appropriate levels of all food items
- Properly execute all recipes and procedures
- Complete tasks in a timely manner while ensuring accuracy and quality
- Deliver prepared items to assigned areas as needed
- Restock supplies as needed and maintain a clean work environment
- Properly label, date, and rotate all food stock
- Maintain safe, clean, and sanitized work areas. Tasks could include removing trash, breaking down boxes, sweeping, and maintaining cleanliness of workspace
- Interacting with guests, taking orders, and operating cashier
- Other job related responsibilities as assigned including other Hershey Entertainment Complex locations such as ZooAmerica, HERSHEYPARK Stadium, HERSHEYPARK Arena, GIANT Center and Hershey Theatre
- Must be 16 years of age or older on the date of applying or turning 16 by May 24, 2019.
- Barista or bartending experience a plus.
- Must have excellent written & verbal communication skills for a range of ‘all ages’ audiences
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced environment, up keeping consistent service techniques
- Must have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Must have the capability to follow detailed directions
- Must be able to read, speak and understand English
- Ability to safeguard confidential information
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification is required (training provided after hire)
- Willingness to display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image to both internal and external customers in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts and BBLz guidelines.
- Must be able to work at least two (2) Saturdays per month during April, May, June, July and August
- Must be able to work at least three (3) closing shifts per week (typically shifts starting no later than 4pm and ending up to two (2) hours after HERSHEYPARK closes)
- Must be able to work at least two (2) Saturdays and Sundays per month during September, October, November, and December
- Working hours will vary with some shifts starting as early as 9 am or ending up to two (2) hours after HERSHEYPARK closes
- Physical requirements include standing (for periods up to 8 hours at a time), walking, bending and lifting up to 20 pounds without assistance. Position requires standing, bending, walking, and lifting for entire shift
- Regular outside work in various weather conditions may be required (including extreme heat, sun exposure, cold, and other inclement weather)
- Must be able to work with cleaning chemicals
- Employee must provide proper footwear (all black, non skid/non slip sneaker)
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer