Hershey Entertainment and Resorts (HE&R) is currently seeking Sales Event Interns to assist in event planning and execution with the Hersheypark Group Sales team.
The Sales Event Internship at HE&R will provide hands on experience with facilitating on site events, acting as a liaison for small and large groups, providing excellent guest service, and being immersed in the Hershey destination.
Ideal candidates will be a Junior or Senior in undergraduate education working toward a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communications, Hospitality Management or a related field of study. Candidates will be expected to maintain schedule flexibility Monday to Friday, including being available for weekend events.
This internship is part of the Hersheypark Group Sales division located in Hershey, PA. Housing will not be provided for this internship.
Strong performance during this internship could lead to an extension of the internship into the fall/winter.
- Participating in event planning and execution
- Participation with onsite events
- Answering telephones and fielding questions and processing orders
- Providing accurate information regarding HERSHEYPARK as well as Destination HERSHEY to customers
- Processing Group Orders
- General Office Duties (i.e. filing, mailings, sign printing etc.)
- Occasional Park related duties such as welcoming clients & customers to the picnic area at HERSHEYPARK, collecting picnic admission tickets, providing general park information to guests and other tasks as assigned.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be a Junior or Senior in college majoring in Business Administration, Hospitality, Communications or related field.
- Please note: Seniors graduating in Spring 2019 will be considered for this internship
- The ability to speak, read, and write English
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- This Internship will last from March 2019 – August 31st, 2019.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and must be willing to work 1-2 weekends a month including both Saturday and Sunday.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be comfortable working indoors and outdoors in extreme weather conditions
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity