The Chef de Cuisine is responsible to assist the Executive Sous Chef in the day-to-day management of the culinary department (Circular, Trevi-5, banquets and Special culinary events). Also assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced at all restaurant outlets.
The Chef de Cuisine will assist the Executive Sous Chef to create and implement new menus and individual menu items for all outlets based on current food trends and regional tastes. Assist the Executive Chef to Audit food storeroom items and direct items to maintain consistent quality products that ensure adherence to all health code requirements.
The Chef de Cuisine will monitor team performance, product quality and production flow; foster continuous improvement where necessary.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Develop, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions for specialty restaurants. Plan and manage food quantities and plating requirements for the specialty restaurant*
- Assist in developing daily and seasonal menu items for the specialty restaurant*
- Set and support achievement of kitchen goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc. Develop specific guidance and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish daily kitchen operations work*
- Participate in training specialty restaurant staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes*
- Monitor and maintain use of safe food handling procedures as well as a safe working environment by using and ensuring staff use correct food handling skills and food safety guidelines. Effectively investigate, reports and follows-up on employee accidents*
- Manage day-to-day operations of kitchen; ensure the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis. Improve service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, provide guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed*
- Manage assigned staff, including scheduling, training, performance feedback, discipline, investigations, and terminations
- Lead shift teams while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications. Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation. Understand employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence or delegate responsibilities as needed.*
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience - Food & Beverage
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Post-Employment - A certification in ServSafe is required
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Completion of high school or GED - Other
- Certificate of Completion - Culinary Arts
- Industry Experience - Hospitality/Tourism
- Associate’s degree - Culinary Arts
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer