This position is responsible for ensuring that all work performed by the housekeeping
department in cabins, bath houses and public areas meets the expected standards of
cleanliness and consistency.
This is a part time year round position, with minimal working hours November through March, and full working hours (40) April through October.
- Inspecting all cabins and their surrounding areas for cleanliness and maintenance challenges (Including but not limited to: Interior, Exterior, Fire Pit, Deck/Patio, Picnic Table & Grounds)
- Minimal maintenance work is necessary and includes, but is not limited to, replacing light bulbs, smoke detector batteries, etc.
- Inspecting bath houses, laundry rooms, and public areas to include the game room and registration area for cleanliness and maintenance challenges
- Assisting housekeeping staff to ensure all cabins are ready for the assigned check in time
- Utilize the property management system and other departmental software to assign cabins, print reports, assign daily tasks, log maintenance needs, and answer/respond to company emails
- Daily recordkeeping of assignments, staff, and guest opportunities
- Assisting in training employees in cleaning procedures
- Coaching and counseling employees for corrective action
- Proper use of cleaning agents and equipment
- Placement of supplies and amenities
- Monitoring staff activity to ensure productivity and safe work practices
- Handling guest opportunities in a professional and appropriate manner
- Utilizing the radio as a form of communication across the property
- Operating a golf cart and company vehicle throughout the property to effectively respond to guest and employee needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service environment
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Keyboarding skills and computer literacy
- Experience with employee and guest relations
- Experience with conflict resolution and problem solving
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- Physical requirements require mobility and good physical condition. Must be able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, lift, carry, sit
- Employees are subject to a variety of weather conditions, including but not limited to: extreme heat, sun exposure, cold, and inclement weather. Work is almost exclusively outdoors
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs
- Exposure to basic cleaning chemicals
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on operational needs, including weekends and holidays, evenings, and overtime
- Regular work schedule will be 7:00 am to 4:00 pm with rotating days off
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer