This position is responsible for food quality and presentation; for relief coverage of the Sous Chefs; for all related department goals; and for support of the culinary and stewarding teams at The Hershey Lodge.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Monitor, evaluate and correct food production and service process; apply hands on support as needed. Actively engage in organization and service delivery.*
- Inspect, evaluate and correct food safety, sanitation, and work safety standards. Use a hands on approach along with coaching to ensure all food safety and sanitation standards are met.*
- Demonstrate and train staff on techniques, standards and policy for food preparation, presentation, sanitation, and kitchen safety.*
- Assist in administrative responsibilities requiring office/computer time; including schedules, prep lists, performance documentation.
- Assist in development of menus and support materials including: documentation of recipes and processes; planning the execution of production for events along with the senior chefs, stewarding, purchasing and front of house teams; and supporting the teams to execute effectively.*
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Completion of high school diploma/GED in combination with Culinary Apprenticeship Certification OR Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience - Food & Beverage
- Industry Experience - Other
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Knowledge of and proficient in a variety of cuisines, food handling and preparation techniques using skill and creativity.
- Must use a hands on approach to training and developing culinary team members of all levels.
- Knowledgeable in food safety and sanitation standards and experienced in enforcement of these standards.
- Experienced in working with a team and promoting a positive work environment.
- Proficient in managing with clear, concise written and verbal communication.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Post-Employment - ServSafe Manager
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (6ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The position is frequently in close quarters, crawl spaces, shafts, man holes, small enclosed rooms, small sewage and line pipes, and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Work schedule will vary according to operating needs and include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer