This position is responsible for the daily operations of the attractions and ensuring staffing follows received company and departmental training. This position will work collaboratively with other departments to organize Exclusive Ride Time events, Mini Parks, Photo Shoots, and similar events. This position oversees the Rides Base operation, data capture of ridership, ride down time, and reliability to be used for further analysis. This position works with department area managers to assist with database collection and efficiency models to assist with data collection. This position oversee the supply ordering and Puridiom management. This position participates across the department for department duty shifts.
- Responsible for ensuring optimal operational performance of attractions. Ensure responsible and safe execution of attractions thru interviewing, hiring, training, appraising, rewarding, directing, and disciplining associates.
- Coordinate all Exclusive Ride Time events, Mini Parks, Photo Shoots, and similar specialty requests, ensuring proper staffing and communication support the event.
- Oversee the Rides Base operation to track all ridership, dispatch log information, Hersheypark app updates, and ride reliability information. Create weekly reports to share with Attractions Manager and Assistant Director of Attractions.
- Develop attraction training, evaluate and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Assist with lifeguard staffing in waterpark.
- Learn and understand how to operate amusement rides and devices.
- Order supplies utilizing procurement system and policies.
- Serve as Manager on Duty for the park and department and respond to emergency situations as needed or expected.
- Monitor labor and expenses with organizational audit standards to secure all company assets.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience in a customer service role.
- Minimum of one (1) year direct supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License.
- Post-Employment - Must be a Ride inspector Level 2 in Pennsylvania within the first year of employment.
- Post-Employment - Must obtain either a Certified Pool Operator or Aquatic Facility Operator license within the first eighteen months of employment.
- Post-Employment - Must obtain the Jeff Ellis Lifeguard certification within one year of employment.
- Experience in the Amusement Park, Hospitality or Tourism industry preferred.
- Experience interviewing, hiring, training and supervising a team preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Hospitality, Education, Public Relations, Communications or a related major. Four (4) years of relevant work experience can be substituted for education.
- Previous experience in lifeguarding and lifeguard training preferred.
- Skilled in the use of computers and technology, Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Schedule will vary according to operational demand or anticipated occupancy but will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to climb ladders, climb stairs, stand frequently, and walk frequently.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. The needs of this position require that the employee is prepared for weather elements including heat, cold, rain, snow and wind.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- This position requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer