MeltSpa by Hershey is a new day spa on Chocolate Avenue in downtown Hershey. Guests will experience melt-worthy relaxation featuring exclusive Hershey’s Dark Chocolate treatments as well as signature treatments, salon services and spa packages.
The Spa Concierge is responsible for the reception area at the spa and assisting the entire team with the day-to-day operations.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Properly open and close spa each day according to Standard Operating Procedures. Accurately book, change and cancel spa appointments. Utilize spa computers with skill and proficiency.*
- Acknowledge and greet everyone who enters and leaves spa facilities. Provide detailed descriptions of spa treatments, packages, services, facility features and hours of operation. Maintain a Spa Desk Bank. Answer the phone promptly and use the guest’s name throughout the phone conversation. Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.*
- Issue spa lockers, robes and slippers to guests and then escort guests to their lockers. Provide orientation tour, explaining spa amenities offered and answering guests’ questions.*
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized spa environment through consistent monitoring of the locker/facility area. Stock locker room supplies and amenities and maintain accurate supply lists and inventory sheets.*
- Assist team in ensuring cleanliness of front of house and back of house areas, as well as assist in restocking and organization of the facility where needed.*
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa. Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.*
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.*
- Regularly crosscheck physical inventory with computer inventory to manage/avoid shrinkage and to ensure appropriate inventories are available. Assist with monthly inventory counts.*
- Regularly create and change product displays to promote various products, seasons and holidays.*
- 18 years of age or older.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Must have professional image representative of the luxury day spa market.
- Must possess excellent communication and guest service skills.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (0-50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This position requires a flexible work schedule with varying hours based on business need.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer