This position is responsible for assisting the Electrical Manager in maintaining the electrical systems and managing the electrical trades for Hersheypark, Historic Hersheypark Arena and Hersheypark Stadium and assists in construction, facilities and rides maintenance management as assigned.
Job Functions (Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Assist in management of the daily operation of electrical crew. Schedule personnel; prioritize jobs; counsel, coach and mentor; recognize employees; and other duties to develop employee communications and relations.*
- Assist in the coordination of work within the electrical trade and with other departments and outside contractors.*
- Inspect rides, buildings and equipment for planning and completion of preventative maintenance.*
- Recommend and implement preventative maintenance schedules and long-term projects as directed by Electrical Manager. Evaluate processes and procedures and suggest ways to improve them. Enforce company, department and safety policies and procedures.*
- Maintain proficiency in trade techniques and products; provide cost estimates and order appropriate needed equipment, supplies, parts and tools to complete projects. Assist in the management of trade tool inventory, supplies and other equipment.*
- Serve in the Park Manager on Duty and Maintenance Department Manager on Duty rotations once trained. Participate in various Complex and Corporate Committees and work groups as assigned.*
- Ensure consistency in enforcement of Company and Department policies and procedures.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Industry Experience - Construction/Maintenance
- Industry Experience - Manufacturing
- Industry Experience - Amusement Park
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Relevant work experience may be substituted for education. If so, a minimum of five years experience in the field is required.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Completion of high school or GED
- Associate’s degree - Electrical Engineering, Electrician, HVAC
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Have a working knowledge of all government regulations, ADA requirements and OSHA regulations as they relate to areas of responsibility.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projecvts simultaneously and work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Post-Employment - Pa Certified Ride Inspector
- Post-Employment - Park MOD Training
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (300ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires minimal visual requirements. Able to distinguish unlike items, detect motion, and distinguish color.
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- The position is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The position is frequently in close quarters, crawl spaces, shafts, man holes, small enclosed rooms, small sewage and line pipes, and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to outside environmental conditions. No effective protection from the weather.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Ability to work flexible and extended hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays in addition to normal business hours. Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment. Ability to wear company supplied safety equipment.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer