This position is responsible for planning and coordinating social and recreational activities and sporting events for The Hotel Hershey.
Applicants do not need to be previously certified lifeguards to apply; training for the position will be conducted by the Hershey Resort Properties through the International Pool and Lifeguard Training Program (Jeff Ellis & Associates). Applicants that are currently certified through American Red Cross or other Certification programs, are eligible to apply.
- Functions include overseeing activities, pool, and childcare, skate area, and sports complex.
- Assisting with hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluation of staff.
- Monitoring equipment and supplies.
- Developing and assisting with special events and themed weekends.
- Maintaining proper water conditions in swimming pools.
- Conducting and attending meetings.
- Assist with lifeguarding activity and childcare shifts.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Two (2) years experience in a recreation setting including pool maintenance.
- Current Ellis Lifeguarding, CPR and First Aid Certifications OR Willingness and ability to obtain the Certifications listed above.
- Water Safety Instructor, a plus.
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification, a plus.
- College Degree in Recreation, preferred.
- Must be able to obtain Pesticide applicators license and CPO/AFO certifications within 90 days of employment
- Proven employee/guest relations, problem solving, and organization skills.
- Professional image representative of property image.
- Physical requirements include complete mobility and good physical conditioning, good hearing and vision, and ability to tolerate heat.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Schedule varies according to operational needs, but includes evenings, weekends, and holidays. Normally, early shift begins at 5:30 a.m. and the late shift ends at 11:00 p.m.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer