Our Retail Sales Area Supervisors help us make our great team! Develop customer service skills – plus free Hersheypark admission and chances for free tickets. Our team includes all ages from teen to retiree!
While working as a part of the Retail Sales supervision team, supervisors will develop valuable skills in leadership, customer service, and retail operations. Supervisors are given opportunities to learn about all aspects of the retail operation including, buying, merchandising, logistics and business analysis. Supervisors take on different roles in the department ranging from inventory control, visual merchandising, providing customer service, employee training of our retail sales associates, and employee appreciation.
The Retail Sales Area Supervisor will oversee the operation of assigned retail locations and lead a team of retail sales associates and assistant supervisors to achieve the department’s monetary goals and maintain a high level of customer service. This position requires a high level of independence and prior experience with cash handling, customer service, and retail operations.
- Directly manage the retail supervision team to ensure they are adhering to departmental and company policies and procedures and enforce policies when necessary.
- Ensure employees and supervisors are providing exceptional guest service; recognize / reward above standard behavior, coach / discipline those not meeting expectations.
- Enforce child labor laws and ensure that supervisors and clerks are preventing violations
- Resolve immediate guest concerns, investigate and provide recommendations to correct reoccurring guest service issues
- Monitor use of labor to ensure high productivity of staff at all times.
- Oversee in-store promotions and price changes for all assigned locations in accordance with Area Manager.
- Manage the distribution of daily sales goals and encourage employees and supervisors to meet goals on a daily basis.
- Manage inventory levels by completing daily stocking tasks; checking orders, inventory transfers, inventory mark-outs, and other inventory management tasks as needed to maintain inventory integrity.
- Meet with Area Managers to communicate any issues of daily operation.
- Tour area of responsibility to identify maintenance related items, communicating immediate concerns and following up on completion.
- Ensure supervisors follow opening/closing procedures and maintain store layout in accordance with Area Manager.
- Provide on-going training and coaching to the supervisory leadership team.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older on the date of applying
- One year of supervisory experience, preferred
- One year of park experience, preferred
- Valid current drivers license, preferred
- Able to handle cash with a high degree of accuracy
- Proven guest relations, problem solving, task management skills, and organizational skills
- Professional and effective communication skills
- Knowledge of Child Labor Laws
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English
- Must be able to perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Available to work 2 days during weekend operation
- Available to work at least 4 days during daily operation
- Must be able to work a minimum of 35 hours per week May- AugustAbility to work in a fast-paced environment at locations both indoor and outdoor in a
- variety of weather situations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule between the hours of 7:30am and midnight, including weekends and holidays (or in accordance with Child Labor laws if under 18).
- Physical require
- ments include standing (75-100% of the shift), sitting, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 60 lbs., finger dexterity and communicating
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer