The Activities Attendant at The Hotel Hershey is responsible for hosting children and family activities. Also is responsible for maintaining and assisting with outdoor pool complex, outdoor sports, ice skating rink and The Cocoa Clubhouse program. Must be knowledgeable of all aspects of the facilities. Will direct all efforts toward guest satisfaction, the achievement and maintenance of The Hotel Hershey standards and profit maximization.
This is a seasonal position for the summer beginning April/May. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays based on operational needs.
- Maintain all work areas so they are organized, neat and clean.
- Conduct activities with enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Conduct activities according to Standard of Operations.
- Smile and project a professional, positive attitude and appearance at all times.
- Portray a high level of maturity, responsibility, and professionalism which all employees can respect and follow.
- Wear proper uniform projecting a professional image.
- Assist with year round special event programs.
- Perform any reasonable tasks assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Assist in maintaining all outdoor recreational areas.
- Maintain open communications and positive working relationships within Recreation department and all departments within the Hotel Hershey.
- Attend scheduled department meetings.
- Maintain performance standards for areas of responsibility.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid certifications preferred or willing to obtain.
- Professional people skills and personable interaction with individuals of all ages.
- Child care of customer service experience a plus.
- Professional image representative of property image.
- Ability to multi-task
- Follow all aspects of job safety.
- Understand that the job may require bending, stooping, and lifting of materials up to 15 pounds.
- The Recreation department functions 17 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to change an associate from their usual shift as business needs change.
- Weekend and Holiday work schedules are a part of this position.